Rapid Strep A Test Kit (MC)
Each Strep A Test Kit contains enough reagents and materials for 25 tests.
- 25 Test Strips
- 25 Specimen Extraction Tubes
- 25 Collection Swabs
- Extraction Reagent A (8mL): 2.0 M sodium nitrite solution. (Warning: R25 Toxic if swallowed)
Extraction Reagent B (8mL): 0.4 M acetic acid solution.
- Standard controls:
Positive control (1mL): Extracted (non-infective) group A streptococcus antigen in phosphate buffer containing 0.1% NaN3. (Warning: R22 Harmful if swallowed).
Negative control (1mL): Phosphate buffer containing 0.1% NaN3. (Warning: R22 Harmful if swallowed).
- Leaflet with instructions for use.
The Strep A Test is a chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of Strep A antigen from throat swab specimens from symptomatic patients to aid in the diagnosis of Group A Streptococcal Infection. All negative test results should be confirmed by bacterial culture because negative results do not preclude Group A Strep infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment. The test is intended for use in the physician’s offices, hospitals, and clinical laboratories
- Strep Test Results in minutes: Allows for POC rapid treatment to reduce the risks related to overtreatment and to provide better patient care.
- 96% Accuracy: Reliable result that you can trust.
- Two-color results: Easy to read results eliminate mistakes in interpretation.
- Excellent format for throat infection on Point of Care Testing
- Reduces the number of “unnecessary” prescribed antibiotics for strep throat infection.
- CLIA Waived Rapid Strep Test
Interpretation of Results: